What Values Drive our Lives!
1. Learning – We are always becoming more like Christ!
- “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls”. Matt. 11:29
2. Participation – God calls average everyday people like us to serve Him!
- “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Heb. 10:24-25
3. Authenticity – We must be real before both God and man!
- “Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks”. John 4:23
4. Sacrifice – There is no love without sacrifice!
- “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.” 1 John 3:16
5. Acceptance – We accept each other where we are . . . always working to bring each other closer to God’s image!
- “Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God”. Romans 15:7
6. Relationships – God made us to have a relationship with Him and with others!
- “Jesus replied, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all you soul and with your entire mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” Matt. 22: 37-39
7. Reproducibility – Let everything we do be passed on to the next generation!
- “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
- “And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, commit to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” 2 Tim. 2:2